Sunday, April 20, 2008

Zoo Field Trip Pictures

I took my class on a field trip on Friday. We went to the Cameron Park Zoo.
Here is some of what we found.

No this is not a set of yard decorations. I think they are antelope. I really don't remember. I do remember that they were with the giraffes. I also know that these are not giraffes.



While at the zoo I was looking for a nickel. This is the closest I came to finding one.



Here are a few fish. They were all in the same picture but I cropped them out and enlarged them.



Above I have a shot of a jaguar and a lion. I suppose that it is obvious which is which.



A meerkat sunning itself on a cool morning in Waco.

Not an animal at the zoo but it is something wild I saw at the zoo. Look at that hair. That is the real color. Yeah I know that it has probably been dyed. What I mean is that it is not a wig. No, I don't know the lady.



Finally, this picture was not taken at the zoo but was taken on the same day. I had to go pick my daughter at work and while waiting for her I kept hearing a strange noise. I started looking for the source and finally peered up the utility pole. There it was at the top by the transformer. I apologize for the quality. I had to enlarge this quite a bit. By the way this picture was taken in the parking lot of the Dwyer Group which is approximately 1/3 of a mile from the zoo. I hope they are not missing a woodpecker.


© 2008 Barry T Horst

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.


Zoobooks Magazine

Please visit the Giveaway of the Day at the bottom of the page for free software downloads daily.

No comments: