Sunday, June 1, 2008

A View From Lover's Leap

Here are a few snaps I took at Cameron Park. I drove up to Lover's Leap for a look and took my camera with me. I remember coming here when I was little. You could climb around the edge and hike down to the river. Legend has it that two Huaco Indian lovers ran away and jumped to their death off this cliff. It seems that the their families didn't approve of their courtship. In the recent past others were climbing around and fell to their death. In response the city has erected fence barricades to discourage this climbing.

This is a view of the Bosque River looking north. About a mile south of this spot is the confluence of the Bosque and the Brazos River.

Looking over the cliff down to the river.

Another shot looking down at the river.

Looking north past a fence barricade to the end of the old retaining wall. This is the wall I would climb around to get down to the river. Ahhh, those were the good old days.

This is an old wind worn tree at the top of Lover's Leap.

Looking past another fence barricade there is a big chunk missing from this retaining wall. This area was always my favorite because it juts out farther that any other part of the wall on the cliff.

© 2008 Barry T Horst

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Share the Gospel with 'The Hope' at Gospel Direct

Please visit the Giveaway of the Day near the bottom of the right sidebar for free software downloads daily.

No comments: